Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Peter McBurnie (From "IT")

Peter McBurnie (Orbit Starr) was a popular name spoken around Toronto's Yorkville Avenue during the sixties and people were very much expecting this name to join in with the ranks of the rich and famous. Unfortunately for us music lovers he took another much less traveled road as an artist (painter) and a Foley artist. Still there's time left so perhaps it's not too late. There are many McBurnie songs still unheard and that's a real tragedy. There are some of his songs (ala Orbit Starr) on the home page that can be down- loaded for your pleasure, have fun listening and let Peter know that you've been listening, drop us a line or leave a comment below...

The oil painting below was painted by Peter McBurnie (Tom Thompson Award winner) to be used for the cover of John Ellis' first solo album (vinyl), unfortunately it was never used, turned down by the powers that be (RCA). One of my favourite thoughts (still is) was for Pete and I to do a music project together. You may remember Pete's stage name Orbit Starr, he wrote some pretty powerful lyrics to music and I will never forget singing for our supper at "The Hamburger Joint" and at "Sammie's Pizza" on Avenue Road off Yorkville, anyone else remember those times?


Article Posted By: John Ellis

http://musicborders.com/Old%20Musical%20Friends.htm

1 Comments:

Anonymous Peter Arthur said...

My name is Peter Arthur and I produced and co- wrote all of the songs on John's record, which was released on RCA and did very well on the radio ..
John and I worked together as a team like no one I had every met before. I'm so very proud of our work.
It was my call not to include Pete's great portrait of John. I truly regret that decision... Funny how time brings things into focus, rip my friends

4:45 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home