Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A peaceful Soul (Walking Away)

WALKING AWAY: Walking away from the place where I spend much of my time is always a relief for me, leaving my cell phone behind I can begin to let go of the stresses associated with modern everyday life. The further I walk away the more I feel freed of it, freedom, go on and say it, “freedom”. It feels good doesn’t it?, and to know that each step I take the more space between me and that everyday life and controlled state, liberated from shackles and chores my mind begins to clear and the more important issues rise to the surface where they can be easily considered. Not to mention the beautiful state of mind that I’m getting as I walk, other things make their way into my thoughts, the sounds, the smells, the body filling with oxygen, it’s all good stuff; and you know that you’re on the right path. Little things become very interesting as I walk, stopping to look closer, deeper, and as I walk on I begin to relax more and those important issues I left behind seem a little less important now. My mind begins to clear out the rubble, my heartbeat steadies and my circulation gets stronger. I guess what I’m trying to say is, “it feels good to be me”. This whole process doesn’t really take very long, just a few minutes and you reach places so far away from your normal state it’s just amazing, places that are just not so easily accessible around the house. For instance, getting away from your routine is the easiest way I know to renew yourself, breath some fresh air into your lungs and your mind is cleared and your problems are out of mind. Now you have time to slow your thinking down, stresses are relieved; mind cleared, now you can begin to enjoy you, the person, again. Another thing that happens to me when I turn around and make my way back I can feel the pull of those everyday stresses creeping back into my thoughts, I can even begin to quicken my step in anticipation of my re-entry into everyday life as we know it, I’m already trying to decide what I will do on my return. Forcing myself to slow down at this point, stopping and delaying the inevitable, we all have to go home, or back to work, or whatever it is that we’re trying to relax from, but one thing I know is, that I always feel much better on my reruns than on my departures...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home